I released Thumbtack in February of 2012, three years ago exactly. At the time I was trying to learn Objective-C from books and code tutorials until a friend convinced me I would learn faster if I thought of an app that I was passionate about and focused my energy on building something specific. Thumbtack was born from my own personal and simplistic use of Pinboard. Over the years I received a ton of user requests. Requests like search capabilities, AppleScript support, integration with tags, global hotkeys, and so much more.
Today I am happy to announce the release of Thumbtack 2 — a FREE update for existing customers. A completely re-written version that meets all of my user requests to date (although I have already received more haha). I had promised search for a long time and I am happy to have finally delivered it. Thumbtack 2 is everything I had hoped the first version would become and I even have a few ideas of where to go next with it. It was a fun challenge to keep the spirit of Thumbtack and its simplicity but also pack in all of the features users wanted. I decided to release it as a free update for existing customers to thank them for supporting me from the very beginning.
Version 2 Highlights:
• Access to all bookmarks, no longer limited to most recent
• Search with advanced filters
• Post management: Add, Copy, or Delete bookmarks
• Add with Safari Extension or system-wide service
• Native integration with Spotlight
• AppleScript support for extending to third-parties
• Hover over a bookmark and hit the spacebar for a quicklook preview
• Global hotkey
• And SO MANY more user requests
Learn more at http://thumbtackapp.com